Friday, January 30, 2009

Mark in an auto accident??

Today Mark's Grandma got a call asking her to wire $4200.00 to Vancouver because Mark was driving drunk and was in an accident, and in the hospital, and I guess he needed money. Let me assure everyone that Mark was not in Vancouver, not drunk and did not crash our car. This morning I got the strangest phone call from a toll free # asking about Mark. The voice was muffled, and they were trying to find out Mark's mailing address. They had part of our address correct, but not all of it. I told the lady that that was not his mailing address, and she said, "I must have the wrong Mark" and hung up very quickly. Very strange

4 comments:

  1. Is that like when Karen ran a red-light in SF even though she lived in UT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe his identity has been stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a parking ticket in SF in December '05. I clearly wasn't there since we had just moved to UT. They wouldn't leave me alone until I threatened legal action. It really stinks having such a common name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a crazy story. What is wrong with people?? glad to see your new blog.
    Say hi to your family for me :)
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete