Friday, April 24, 2009

Another year

Here I am at 36. It feels like I'm heading downhill to 40. For biological reasons this was the worst birthday I have ever had.

Thank goodness I have Mark. He really is the best husband. He has put up with my crankiness for the last few days, and when I came clean with him today about what was really bothering me, he said he knew, and that he was trying to be careful about what he said. He really is the best husband.

We really celebrated my birthday last month when we went to see Phantom of the Opera. I asked Mark a week ago if he was going to get me a small token gift for my birthday; he told me I was greedy :-) This morning when Mark was leaving for work he gave me a present. It was a t-shirt from Lands End (my favorite) and chocolate truffles. I thought that was it, I had my real present last month. BUT, around 2:30 this afternoon the doorbell rang. When I looked through the peephole I saw a flower delivery guy with a vase of red and yellow tulips; I was so excited. Tonight we went to Olive Garden, it was delicious. When we got home Mark gave me another t-shirt and a card. In one way this was the hardest birthday I have ever had to endure, but in more ways, Mark of course made it a fun birthday for me. Thank goodness I have Mark. When I am totally sad, and cranky with him, he always understands. I love him.

3 comments:

  1. Mark is a really great guy! I have always thought so. I'm so happy to hear how he surpised you throughout your birthday with flowers and gifts. He is very thoughtful. Have him give you a birthday hug from all of us. Happy Belated Birthday Becky! Miss you.
    -Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought Mark would make a great husband. I'm glad he hasn't disappointed me! I'm so glad he tried to make your day special. What a guy!

    ReplyDelete