Monday, April 13, 2009

Getting back to normal

Our life has been crazy for the last few months. I mentioned a couple posts back that my parents were coming out for a visit. The reason for the visit was that my stress level was so high I did not know what to do. I am so grateful to my parents for being willing and able to help my family; but even more then helping out my family, I am grateful that they were able to support and help me. I am also grateful for Mark's parents. They were always available to offer advice, and to remind Mark and I that we need to keep our faith strong. It was such a comforting feeling every time we would be talking to Bill and Helen to hear them say, "We are praying for you." I am also grateful for Howard and Rachel. I felt like I could call Rachel whenever I needed some support, or needed to vent my frustration, or when I just really did not know what else to do. And of course Howard: he was willing to offer his help whenever we needed it. I also am grateful to my Bishop, who was so willing to help our family.

So, what was going on? Why all the stress? What I can say is that adopting a 16 year old, who has spent most of her life trying to survive on her own, and pushing anyone and everyone away, comes with a certain set of challenges. Our life is starting to get back to normal. As a family we are working on gaining back trust and privileges.

I did not intend for this post to sound so much like a thank you note. However, I am truly grateful for the love and support that our family has given to us in a very difficult time.

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy life is looking better for you. You are an awesome Mom.

    ReplyDelete